Friday, January 4, 2013

To be more faithful

It's always been my habit to write new year's resolutions at the beginning of each year. Some of them I get to follow at least before the year ends, but some, if not most of them stays on the paper -- "drawing". That means, I wasn't able to successfully realize them. But I still continue to make resolutions, and wish lists, and goals, anyway.  I remember I told my students yesterday -- there's already a sense of achievement just by mere jotting them down. :)

When this year 2013 began just a few days ago, I started brainstorming of resolutions, and wishes and goals....it's been running in my head for days, but I couldn't think of anything tangible, and significant to wish, or hope for. Twenty-twelve had been an amazing year for me and my family, it was a year full of blessings -- I couldn't ask for more. I CAN ONLY BE GRATEFUL.

-- My third trimester, and practically my whole pregnancy experience was a breeze. Despite fear (more like paranoia) of possibly losing the baby inside me because I travel all the time, and walk and move carelessly (I fell down from a motorbike, was rocked heavily by a tricycle because of a bumpy road) yet my jellybean held on.

---The jellybean came out exactly when I told him to.  During my last month of pregnancy, I was a little anxious thinking that my baby might come out when his father is away.  You see, I have a pastor-husband who, during that time was having series of revival meetings in remote places, and I was oftentimes left alone at home.  I dreaded the idea that I might experience what other minister's wives have experienced of giving birth without their husband with them.  So every time my husband is away, I'd tell my jellybean "don't come out yet, daddy isn't here."  But one friday afternoon, just when my husband was coming home from his last week of prayer appointment, the bean (who was no longer a bean at that time)  tried to make his way out, and the next day, he was out. It was a Sabbath!

---Delivery was a breeze too! No labor pains. And so I had to be CS.  Though it was my first time to be hospitalized, and to undergo a major surgery, I was cool and brave because the pool of professionals who handled me were gentle, cheerful, helpful, and prayerful. Thanks, MAMC!

---Post-partum blues were bearable.  I knew I would experience that. I had read all about that.  But the ones I've read on books are nothing compared to what I felt. But thanks to my very supportive husband who knew exactly how to keep cool and console me during my crying spells.

---My bundle of joy is truly an outrageous bundle of pure bliss and unfathomable joy! Despite bouts of infection, diarrhea, colds, cough, rashes, and flu -- he continues to grow healthy, bubbly, and strong! He is a people-magnet. Everyone adores him :)

---My husband was given the opportunity to enter the academe. And his recent work assignment is a relatively better set-up for our family.

---Despite the long, sometimes dreary, and uncertain road to ordination -- he finally realized that dream.  Though I have never known a pastor as close as I have known my husband, I can still say that he is one of the most dedicated pastors I have known (call me bias :) hehe) I sensed his dedication, and commitment to the ministry from the first time I had the chance to talk to him. And this commitment to the ministry is one of the strong reasons why I married him, and why I am committed to staying married to him! :)

---My father was cleared from a possible court charge. My mother got promoted. My sisters are great, and at least finding their way to living a better life.  My family had been spared from calamities.

--- I have a wonderful career which gives me an opportunity to do what I want to do, earn, and grow personally and professionally without feeling guilty that I might be missing out on the more important details of my life.

--- I have a happy  and satisfying relationships with my immediate, and extended family members. I have good friends.

My life is packed, and filled to the brim. And I always thank God for everything He has blessed me with, most of them I don't really deserve.

And so this year, I RESOLVE TO BE MORE FAITHFUL. In everything. Because that's the least, but nonetheless more fitting response to the One who is most faithful.




No comments:

Post a Comment